Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sandy Pride

Every year Sandy City has a day dedicated to beautifying the city. Trees are planted, flowers are planted, projects are completed, and all by volunteers. Our parks department does an amazing job coordinating this event. They make sure all the right equipment goes to all the right places. They teach people new skills so they can help complete a project. I've always heard about Sandy Pride and I've seen pictures after the fact, but today was the first time I've ever participated in Sandy Pride. I helped coordinate a group of 30 or so people. We planted flowers all around the rec center and we planted 6 new trees. I'm thankful for all the people who came to help - even in the pouring rain and cold! We got everything done pretty quickly. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to be a part of it. 

No comments: