Friday, May 17, 2013

A stash

I know you're not supposed to keep prescription painkillers around. But I still have a stash. I've had a few injuries, a couple surgeries and a car accident in the last couple years. I keep telling myself I should take it down to the police station and get rid of it. But tonight I'm so thankful I never did! I went to a ward activity at a trampoline park. There's a trampoline that ends in a foam pit and I promised myself that I would attempt a backflip before I left - because "there's no way I could get hurt in a foam pit." Well, I at least started to attempt a backflip. But I got too close to the end of the trampoline while I was jumping backward. I slipped in between the tramp and the foam and landed right on a bar, which I'm pretty sure was on cement. It hurt. Real bad. I sat on a couch with my feet up for a while. When it was time to walk out to the car, I struggled. If I wasn't in public, I definitely would have cried. I made it home, got some ice packs wrapped around my feet and took a couple pain killers. I hope I can sleep tonight and I hope tomorrow I can be thankful that neither of my feet are broken. Oh please let neither of my feet be broken!! 

No comments: