Thursday, May 16, 2013

Anne

Anne is my audiologist. She is pretty amazing! I've never known another health professional to care so much about an individual. Usually you can't get someone to spend 5 minutes in an exam with you, but Anne spends as much time as is needed. She has never made me feel rushed. I have her email address and she responds to the emails I have sent. And, she's willing to put in time to help me, even if I'm not there at her office. She introduced me to a new hearing aid last year that would allow me to hear on the left side again. Unfortunately, my insurance won't cover it. Anne took over and spent a lot of time filling out appeal forms and recommendations...all by email. After being denied all the way through the appeal process, she is now working just as hard to get me accepted into a program that will donate this device to people who's insurance won't cover it. I would still have a lot of costs (hospital costs, surgeon, anesthesiologist, etc,), but it might just possible if I get the device donated to me. I'm thankful for Anne, for all her hard work and her solutions oriented nature! 

No comments: