Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hiking

I haven't been hiking in YEARS!! My mom and were a little fanatical when I was in high school. We used to backpack all over the place! I'm actually not really sure why we stopped. But we did. I haven't done much hiking since. But tonight I went on a hike (which turned out to be 7 miles...no big deal) with Krista and our friend Joan (pronounce Joe-on). It was really fun! I loved being out in nature. I loved the views of the valley and the sound of the birds. I loved it. It reminded of all the good times I've had hiking and it made me a little sad that I haven't been in so long! But, the wonderful is - I can change that! We hiked tonight, we have another hike planned for Saturday, and if we're up to it, we might even go for a hike on Sunday before church! I thankful that I live in a place with so many opportunities for great hiking!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I love that time we went backpacking. We really miss the mountains. Hiking here just isn't the same