Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Distractions

Today was a hard day!  I wasn't expecting it.  Today was the 3 year anniversary of the day my dad passed away.  The first year was hard (first anniversaries are usually pretty tough), but last year I was fine.  I expected to be fine today too, but I wasn't.  I fought the tears all day until about 3:00.  I sent a quick email to my boss and told him I was done fighting it and was going home.  I got in my car and cried.  I had planned to go to the gym after work, but I wasn't sure I wanted to go with red eyes and fragile emotions.  I debated with myself for a bit and finally decided to go to the gym.  The trainers wouldn't mind my red eyes and I was pretty sure a distraction would be the best option for my fragile emotions.  I'm thankful I decided to go.  I know if I would have gone home, I would have spent a good while crying.  The distraction was definitely more beneficial.  I'm thankful that John (my trainer) was kind and concerned that I was okay. 

No comments: