Friday, June 15, 2012

Recorded memories

The past couple days have been really tough for me. Wednesday was the three anniversary of the day my dad passed away. I completely unprepared for hard that day would be for me. I ended up leaving work early because I had a wave of tears I couldn't fight!!

On days like these, when I have a little bit of a hard time, I have a few things I like to look at. A couple years ago a made a scrap book with pictures of my dad and a bunch of memories that friends and family wrote down for us. I love that book!! I also have a journal that I have used to record memories I have of my dad. And I have a few letters that he wrote to me (for girls camps and pioneer treks). It's incredible how much comfort these things bring me. It's like having a teeny tiny bit of my dad here. I guess that's why they make such a big deal about keeping records.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I still remember the first time I came over to ask if you could play and him trying to intimidate me. I love that you celebrated with root beer floats. I'm sorry the sadness doesn't go away but the memories are great.