Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New scriptures

Sometimes when I need a little extra boost to do something, I have to buy something new and exciting to give myself a kick-start. It works with working out - new running shoes or a cute work-out outfit usually get my butt in gear for at least a few weeks. But since my working out days are on hold these days, I decided I need a different kick-start. I've been a huge slacker at reading my scriptures in preparations for gospel doctrine lessons. In fact, I haven't even been to gospel doctrine in at least 2 months (granted - I've been out of town, recovering from surgery, taking care of Relief Society stuff, etc.)! But I want to change that. I've been thinking about getting new scriptures for quite a while. I decided that could be the kick-start I need to get the ball rolling. I'm thankful for the "clean slate." I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to read the words of the gospel like I'm reading them for the first time. I'm still not quite sure I'm thankful for the Old Testament...but hopefully I'll get there! 

No comments: