Monday, January 6, 2014

Handicap parking

When I checked out of the hospital after surgery, the "hip coordinator" (that's her real title) gave me a folder of information. One of the things she gave me was an application for a temporary handicap parking pass. I thought to myself, "I don't need that!" But today I changed my mind. I went to work for 4 hours and by the time I got home, I was in a lot of pain! The thought of walking from the free parking lot at school to the building my class is in made me want to cry. I decided to take a leap and get the handicap pass, which also allowed me to get a handicap parking pass at school. I can literally park at the door of the building my classes are in! I'm SO thankful my doctor thought ahead to give me that application. And I'm thankful for the change in my mindset that allowed me actually go get it! Hopefully I won't need it for long! 

No comments: