Thursday, January 24, 2013

Freezing rain

Really? Who is thankful for freezing rain? Well, today...I am. We don't usually get freezing rain here in utah, but today conditions were just right. There were a ton of car accidents and they suggested on the news that if you didn't absolutely have to go anywhere, you should stay off the roads. My boss heard this and told me not to try and battle rush hour and stay safe. That's the part I'm thankful for. It gave the opportunity to sleep in a little but and regroup after last night's not-so-great meeting. I'm thankful that my boss was so great about me coming in later. I'm also very thankful that I traveled to work and home from work safely! I had to spend some quality time outside with the shovel to break up the sheet of ice on my driveway so I could get my car into my garage. But that was actually kind of fun. I've never seen a sheet of ice like that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm guessing if you had a pick axe, you would be glad for that too in those icy conditions! sheesh! thank you, weather for a half-day at work!