Thursday, December 20, 2012

The best drive to St George

I had surgery 7 days ago. They pretty much reshaped the bones in my hip joint. I thought I was still going to super miserable at this point. I made plans to ride to St. George with Min - a super cute girl in my ward. She's from St. George so she was driving down anyway. She said she would love the company, even if I was drugged on pain killers and slept the whole way. That was the plan. But, it didn't go anything like that. I'm actually not super miserable. I'm actually doing really well. So I wasn't super drugged on pain killers and sleeping the whole way down. Min and I chatted. We talked about how we both need friends who are normal. We committed to hanging out more, even it's just to watch TV or play a game after work. We talked about how we can help our ward. We talked about making goals and being better people. I'm so thankful that I was able to enjoy the drive and be uplifted talking to Min instead of being miserable and drugged!!

No comments: