Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Memory foam

When I found out that I would have to sleep on my back after hip surgery, I was worried. I am NOT a back sleeper. I'm not ever a side or a stomach sleeper. I'm a tosser. I knew I would struggle to sleep just on my back. My anxiety over this prompted me to buy a memory foam topper for my bed. I only slept on it once before surgery and didn't notice a big difference. Then I slept on it for a week after surgery and it was good. But it wasn't until I had to sleep somewhere else that I realized how thankful I am for that topper. My sweet mom offered to let me sleep on her bed (which is memory foam), but I made due with some creative arrangements and I actually slept fine. But I'm so excited to be curled up in my bed with 4 inches of memory foam under me. It almost makes up for the fact that I had to come home from St. George 4 days earlier than I had planned. Almost...but not quite!

No comments: