Sunday, August 19, 2012

A blessing

I've been freaking out a little bit about going back to school. It starts this week. I went to an orientation on Friday. It was good, but it became rather clear that I don't "fit in" with the other graduate students. That's okay. But the more I've thought about my schedule, and doing homework, and when I'll have time to work out, or eat, or sleep, the more I've thought, "What did I get myself in to?!?" I knew if there was one thing that would help ease my anxiety about the whole thing, it would be a priesthood blessing. Every year before school, my dad gave me a father's blessing. I always looked forward to it. Since having a father's blessing isn't an option anymore, I asked my brother Aaron. I went his house tonight and he gave a fabulous blessing. I'm reassured that this is going to a good thing. I know it's going to take a lot of work and planning and organizing and time management. But it will be worth it. I'm thankful for the priesthood and that I have it in my life. I'm thankful for the peace and comfort I feel tonight.

No comments: