Monday, April 7, 2014

My teacher

My teacher tonight was incredible. She made me stay after class, told me I didn't have to come for the last 2 class sessions and told me I can take as long as I need to to turn in my final project...even if it's after the semester is over. And then she told me her home is always open if I need somewhere to go. I'm thankful for her, for her support and for her empathy. She didn't "bless my heart" or say "my thoughts and prayers are with you." She said, "I think about you multiple times a day and my heart is broken for you." And she meant it. She wasn't saying those things because there's nothing else to say. I'm thankful for that. I can only hope my Thursday teacher will be equally as incredible. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so touching and tender!