Thursday, December 5, 2013

Timing

I found out today that my rockstar audiologist is leaving me! She's leaving her practice to devote more of her time to teaching. I'm devastated. I cried multiple times today. Anne literally fought for me for almost two years. She wrote countless letters to insurance companies. And she put everything together for the application to the organization that donated my BAHA. I have never had a healthcare provider that cared as much as Anne cares. I can't even imagine how many hours she spent on me alone! And I imagine she helped many others just as much. Even though I'm crushed, I'm even more thankful for the timing of my BAHA. I'm thankful I could make it through the hard part with Anne's incredible support. The rest is just maintenance. And Anne is confident in her replacement so I will try to be also. 

No comments: