Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cruise staff

I have been on a few cruises. This cruise was my 5th. On every cruise, I've grown a little bit attached to the staff - the doing room staff in particular. This cruise was no exception. I'm thankful for Marmita and Ermundo and Daryl who took care of us at dinner. I'm thankful for Alexandra, who took my food orders and made gluten free possible. I'm especially thankful she complained to the chef about the bread. For the first couple days the gluten free bread was good. Then they switch and the "new" bread literally smelled and tasted like a dirty gym sock. It was awful! But Alexandra got them to switch back to the original, tolerable bread. And I'm thankful for Paulo who always made sure our room was clean and delivered fun towel animals every night. They all did a great job. I know it's a sacrifice for them and they work long, hard hours and don't get compensated adequately enough. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to get to know them and hopefully help them out a little bit! 

No comments: