Monday, August 5, 2013

My experiences as a Ward Missionary

A couple years ago I was called to be a Ward Missionary. I had a hard time saying no. Not only do I dread talking to people I don't know, I was also pretty devastated to leave my other calling as a Relief Society teach. Teaching is definitely one of my favorite callings in the church (and in other aspects of my life, too). I served as a Ward Missionary for a year until they called me to be a Relief Society teacher again. That year was tough, but I learned so much!! Tonight our stake had a missionary "blitz." We met at the church, got paired up and set out with a few names to do some missionary work. As we went about trying to find our lost brothers and sisters, I thought about my time as a Ward Missionary. Tonight I was thankful that I was blessed with that opportunity. I was thankful for the skills I learned - like talking to people I don't know. I was thankful for my lack of nerves and the joy I got out of serving in the Lord's church. I don't know if anything will come out of our efforts tonight, but I'm still thankful for the experience. 

No comments: