Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Midas Touch

I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to go to bat for the amazing employees who work for me. They have been a little bit abused and neglected for the past few years. I think they're still getting used to the idea of having a boss who will fight for them instead of throw them under the bus. It's been kind of fun to see their perspectives change. I had a request from an employee today. It was a very logical request. I told her I would do my best to make it happen. I had a monthly board meeting tonight and I proposed the request to the board (along with my very logical, researched information to back it up). There wasn't even a fight and the request was granted. I told my employee she is good to go and she was thrilled. She told me I have the Midas touch or something because I continue to make things happen that make her life easier. I'm so thankful to be in a position where I can do that! It makes for a rather fulfilling job!

No comments: