Sunday, January 13, 2013

Safe travels

I can't help but be thankful for my safety when I return home from a trip. I really was blessed for this trip! I met a new friend driving down to Vegas to meet up with some other mutual friends. We got out if Salt Lake just as the biggest storm in years was starting. We only ran into a bit of snow right before Cedar. Here at home, this storm dumped three feet of snow at my house!! I'm so thankful we got out before it hit! I'm also thankful we got on the road heading home when we did. There was an accident about a half hour behind us. That accident caused a semi hauling gasoline to explode. It shut down the freeway in both directions in an area that I'm not even sure has "back roads." I'm thankful we missed that and that we got through before the roads closed. I'm thankful to have spent such a fun weekend with friends in Vegas! Now it's time to plan the next trip!!

No comments: