Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Treats

I gave myself a challenge - for 30 days, eat only fruits, veggies, and lean protein. No sugar, no grains, no dairy, no processed food. I did a pretty good job (minus one traumatic day when I emotionally ate and one Sunday I fasted and ate a candy to make up for all the calories I lost). I have felt really good for the past few weeks - good enough that I think I will continue to eat those foods for the majority of my diet. My initial 30 day challenge ended last night. Today, I ate junk. And I feel terrible!! I've had a stomach ache for most of the day. I'm thankful that my body is responding to the junk this way. While I enjoy treats and I'm thankful for them once in a while, I need my body to know it's not good to have them all day every day. I'm hoping that my body will continue to respond to junk this way so I will have the motivation I need to exercise "moderation in all things."

No comments: