Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Quotes that fit

Every once in a while a phrase or quote will hit me. Usually when that happens its because it applies to me in that moment. That happened to me twice today.

I was in class (which I finally found LATE after being in the wrong room...TWICE!!). The class went well. The instructor is okay so far. But in the middle of her lecture she said, "If you don't have a dream, how can you have a dream come true?" I've been lacking on setting and accomplishing goals lately. I felt like that was a little kick I needed. I need to dream!

I downloaded a new album - Owl City. I listened to the first song and one of the lyrics said, "follow the light through the dreams and disasters." At this moment I feel like I'm in a disaster. I'm a little overwhelmed with the reality of seeking a masters degree on top of a full-time job! I KNOW it will get better. I'm not worried that I feel like this is a disaster right now. But I'm thankful for the idea that we can follow the light through the dreams and the disasters.

No comments: