Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hershey

While I am thankful for chocolate, that's not why I'm thankful for Hershey today.  Every year, Hershey sponsors a series of track and field meets.  It starts at a local level and then the winners get to move on to district, state, region, and then the finals.  The kids that make it to the finals get to fly to Hershey, PA, compete in the huge track meet and do a bunch of other fun stuff - and Hershey pays for it all!  Last year I got to go to the finals as a chaperone.  It was a lot of work and it was really, really hot, but it was fun.  Today I got to help with our local meet.  It's just a fun event.  There are so many kids that show up - all different ages and abilities.  It's fun to see them all get excited to run their events.  It's fun to see them all cross the finish line.  It's just one of those times that I'm grateful for my job.  I'm thankful that there are companies like Hershey that take an interest in the community.  I'm thankful that they sponsor this event for the kids who participate! 

No comments: