Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Ogden Half Marathon

I'm so thankful I finally got to run the Ogden Half Marathon! I have not had good luck with Ogden. The first time I signed up, I signed up for the full marathon. Because of the weather (and a few other things) I get in enough training to run the full marathon. I decided to start the marathon and just jump on a relief bus when I got too tired. That happened at mile 4!! I was super upset because I was definitely prepared to run more than 4 miles! The next day I came down with a fever that lasted a whole week. After 4 trips to the doctor, they found I had pneumonia!! No wonder I didn't run very well! The next year I got smart and signed up for the half marathon. And then I tore my ACL and had to have knee surgery. It was a bummer. But today I finished the Ogden half and it was great! It wasn't my fastest time, but I'm okay with that. It wasn't my slowest time either. This was the first half I've done that I actually ran the whole thing (minus the water stops...I can't swallow and run at the same time)! I'm thankful for that accomplishment!

No comments: