Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hearing

I picked up my demo Baha today and...I CAN HEAR!!!  It's weird and I still don't really understand how it works, but it works!  If I get a "real" Baha, they will do surgery and anchor the device to my skull.  But since this is just a demo, the device is held tight against my skull with a headband.  They said the "real" Baha will work/sound a little different.  I'm sold.  I want one!!  I get to keep this demo headband for two weeks and then I get to start the process of "fighting" with insurance companies.  Unfortunately, we're switching insurance providers on July 1st so I don't get actually start the process for a little bit.  But it's not all unfortunate.  They have had more people get approved for the Baha on the new insurance then the insurance I have right now.  I'll keep my fingers in crossed and just be thankful that this may be a possibility!! 

No comments: