Monday, March 5, 2012

Dr. Christian

Dr. Christian is the first regular doctor I've had since my pediatrician. I ended up going to him a couple years ago because of my roommate Emily - she works at his office. I've been going to him ever since. Today he diagnosed me and started treatment for sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I'm grateful for Dr. Christian's care for his patients as people. If he looked only at the numbers of my current lab work, he could very easily say, "Everything is fine." But he didn't. He asked me lots of questions. He listened when I told him about my symptoms. He understood that my symptoms were not normal for me! He told me sub-clinical hypothyroidism is a hard diagnosis because most doctors only look at the numbers. But Dr. Christian knows that "normal" is a range and just because I fit in the "normal" range, doesn't necessarily mean I'm at a normal level for me. So we're testing a treatment. I sure hope it works! I would love to not feel tired and foggy every day!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I want a good doctor. And jeans, where'd you find them?