Friday, March 16, 2012

A conscience

Today I opened my car door in a parking lot and the wind caught it. My door accidentally hit the car parked next to me and it left a mark. I was pretty it wasn't a big deal so I decided not to worry about it. I went into the store, left the store and drove about 1 mile before I flipped a U-turn to go back and leave a note. I ended up meeting the owner of the car. I told her what happened, we looked it, and we were actually able to rub the mark right off. It was mostly just dirt. I felt so much better. While I know I should've just left a note in the first place, I'm thankful I listened to my conscience (AKA The Spirit) and went back. And I'm thankful the owner of the car was still there so I could make it right.

It's kind of ironic that this happened today because I was also on the reverse end of this story today. Someone hit my car while it was in the parking lot at work. It left a significant gash in my back bumper. And it most definitely cannot be rubbed right off! I'm upset that someone could hit my car (and they had to have hit it pretty hard) and be okay just driving away!! I know I wouldn't be able to live with that. I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that someone will fess up and pay to get it fixed!!

No comments: