Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Validation

I broke down and went to the doctor today.  I have been so tired the past few months!  I kept telling myself it was just the change in seasons.  But, the more I really thought about it, the more I realized there was more to it.  My doctor was awesome!  He asked me a ton of questions and explained everything to me.  He said I was making a pretty good case for low thyroid.  When my reflexes responded in a certain way (there's a fancy term for it - but I forgot...), Dr. Christian said, "That's the icing on the cake for me.  I will be very, very surprised if your thyroid labs come back normal."  He ordered the labs and I should get results the first part of next week.  I'm a little bummed - obviously my first choice would be to have a perfectly working thyroid. But, I'm thankful for the validation I received from the doctor.  I'm thankful that someone else thinks there really is something wrong.  Even though I know my body best and I know that something is not right, it's still nice to know the doctor agrees with you - that he doesn't think it's all just in your head.  I'm anxious to see what the lab test say.  And I'm anxious to hopefully be able to move toward a solution!

No comments: