Monday, February 20, 2012

Patience

I drove to Idaho this weekend for a wedding.  The reception was tonight.  I had planned help set things up and stay at the reception for an hour or so and then drive home. I knew it would be a late drive home, but I was willing to do it.  However, when it started snowing at 2:00pm, I knew I was going to have to change my plans.  I helped get the reception set up, but then I had to get on the road.  I'm sad that I couldn't help more, but my safety was more important.  Today I'm thankful that I was blessed with the patience to drive very slowly in the snow and make it home safe!  A lot of people don't do well when they have to drive in bad weather (or in traffic), but I feel like I've been blessed with the patience to handle those situations well.  And I'm thankful. 

No comments: