Friday, February 10, 2012

Kind strangers

I flew from Salt Lake to Los Angeles tonight. Shortly before we landed in California, I dropped my phone. That's probably the WORST time to drop something small on the floor of a dark plane. That's about the time the plane makes a sharp turn to get the right angle for landing. And then there's the bumps associated with the land. And then the plane stops real fast. When the lights finally came on I was a little bit panicked that I would never see my phone again (not comforting when you have to navigate an unfamiliar city on your own). But luckily I sat next to a very kind stranger from Minnesota. He didn't know me - he had been sleeping for the whole flight. But he saw my distress and quickly went to work helping me look for my lost phone. He found it! I breathed a sigh of relief and gratitude! I hope that kind man enjoys his time in Hawaii!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

nice people on flights are a joy when traveling with kids too. I'm thankful for them when they smile and don't glare. We're coming out in March so hopefully it will go well for us.