Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gluten free French toast

This morning we had breakfast up at our ward campout. Because I can't eat gluten, I usually pack my own food on adventures like this. If there ends up being something I can eat, I consider it a bonus. If not, at least I know I won't starve. This morning the bishopric made breakfast for everyone. They made French toast as part of breakfast. I took my own gluten free bread into the kitchen to see if those awesome leaders of my ward would let me steal a few eggs and use a corner of the grill so I could make my own French toast. One of counselors took over. He took my bread, mixed up a new bowl of eggs (because the other bowl had already been contaminated with bread) and cleaned off a part of the grill to cook my french toast. He even used a clean fork to flip them so the gluten-y spatula wouldn't touch. It may not seem like much, but today I am thankful that I didn't have to feel like I was missing out at breakfast. I'm grateful for the bishopric and their willingness to go out of their way to accommodate me!

No comments: