Friday, January 13, 2012

Promptings

It's interesting to me how the Spirit works in my life. Sometimes I don't realize that something is a prompting until I look back on it. During my workday, I usually count down the time until lunch. It breaks up the day, and if I'm being honest - I really like food. All week I have eaten leftover taco pasta for lunch. I really like taco pasta. But for some reason (AKA - the Spirit), all morning I thought about how much I did NOT want to eat taco pasta. When lunch time came around, I talked myself into the pasta, even though I really didn't want it. I heated it up, took one bite and then threw it in the garbage. I quickly changed my lunch break plans and went out in search of food. While I drove to the gluten bakery (that has delicious sandwiches and treats), I called my mom - just because. Well, my mom really needed that phone call. And if I had eaten taco pasta like I had planned, I would have followed through my previous lunch break plans, which would not have allowed for a quick conversation with my mama. It wasn't until I hung up the phone that I realized that the "I don't want to eat taco pasta" feeling was really a gentle nudge from my Heavenly Father to get me to be in the right place at the right time.

No comments: