Friday, January 6, 2012

Old emails

I don't delete my emails. Sometimes it gives me anxiety when I open my yahoo account and it says I have 2100 emails in my inbox (and that doesn't include all the emails I've organized into folders). Today I read through quite a few email conversations I had with old friends and family. Some of those were emails I exchanged with my dad while I was up in Idaho. Reading through those emails helped me remember just how much he cared about, how much he wanted me to succeed in everything, and how proud he was of me. I'm grateful we wrote those emails and I'm grateful I kept them.

In one of his emails my dad wrote, "Just take each day for what it is and try and get some satisfaction of accomplishment and/or enjoyment so you don't think that day was a total waste. Stay focused on your major goals (give some thought to them each day and if necessary, revise you plan) and if you do, and if it's important enough to you, those goals will be met. And besides having the smarts to accomplish about anything you set your mind to, you also have the Lord on your side and he is well aware of your situation and your worthy desires. Your prayers will be answered!" I love that my dad wrote these words more that four years ago and yet, I feel like it applies perfectly to my life right now too! I'm grateful to still be able to gain wisdom and comfort from my dad, even though he's not here.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

how awesome. makes me want to go through my old emails